Weaning your baby on to solid foods is one of the most important milestones during the early months of parenthood, and establishing good eating habits from the start will have a positive impact on their child's health for life. Through our weaning consultations we support parents to successfully establish a pattern of healthy eating in babies, supporting the transition from milk to solids. Our weaning consultant will be able to guide parents in all the following aspects of that transition:
- When to introduce solids - and offering purees or baby led weaning
- What foods to introduce and when and the benefits of a varied diet from early on.
- How to cook meals for babies and toddlers as well as different textures at different stages.
- Finger food ideas
- Understanding of foods to avoid and allergenic foods to watch for
- Dealing with food refusal, picky or fussy eaters
- Help your child develop a positive relationship with food
During this meeting consultants will meet with you in the comfort of your own home. The consultation process includes a tailored advice sheet and plan, and 1 week's unlimited email support.
Home consultation - £135 ph
Alternatively, if you live too far away for us to visit, or do not require a face-to-face consultation, we can arrange for you to talk to a consultant on the phone or via Skype. We will let you know whether the problem you are describing is inappropriate for a remote consult.
Remote consultation - £70 ph